2013 is the 100th Anniversary of Grand Central Terminal, one of the most famous and beautiful buildings in the world.
“Grand Central Terminal Centennial Quilt Challenge“, has been organized by American Patchwork & Quilting magazine and The City Quilter.
Here are the key points about the Challenge:
· Quilts can be up to 36″ X 36″
· Grand Prize is $ 2,000. There are other prizes as well.
· Winners & finalists will be exhibited in Grand Central Terminal for about 3 months, starting in March, 2014. This affords a wonderful opportunity to expose quilt art to a wide public.
· APQ plans to write about the submissions & competition next year
· 25% or more of the quilt’s surface must use one or more of our GCT prints.
· Submissions must be made via photographs mailed to APQ by August 21
· Up to 5 submissions per person/group. Only U.S. residents may apply.
· More details on rules, prizes, and submission details, including a submission form, will be found on our web site, Grand Central Terminal Centennial Quilt Challenge, or by using American Patchwork & Quilting’s similar page, www.allpeoplequilt.com/grandcentral.