Blue Twig Studio had a recent blog post announcing the word of the year: Connect. I am going to steal that word and use it alot this year to encourage our wonderful community of artists to grow.
In this region we have 155 members. Of those members; half live in the Denver metro region. The other half of the members live in Utah (7), Wyoming (10) and about a dozen live only part time in our region. Physical distance from each other is an issue.
Luckily we live a super connected age. This blog reaches every member in our region at once! Any member can comment and we can have a virtual conversation right now; but I want to do more. Here are some ideas to increase our connectedness:
- Connect through images by starting an online gallery on this site.
- Connect with a virtual critique group we could start on Facebook.
- Connect by getting sharing Pinterest or Instagram Account for our region.
- Connect by having a members open studio. ( A great chance for members who teach to introduce themselves to people in their area)
- Connect by a meetup. The Denver Art Museum has free Saturdays on the first of the month. Why don’t SAQA members meet at the museum? If there is a museum or show in Salt Lake or on the Western Slope, why not invite members to get together?
How can we make this happen?
I need your help.
Write or comment if you see something you would like to get involved in.
I would love to hear from you!